Weapon Typing Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weapon Typing Question

Post by Rin on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 am

So, this sparked from a conversation Ark and I had in-game earlier. We both were under different impressions on how weapon, ability, and armor typing works and the tests seemed a bit inconclusive to me. Every weapon has 2 elements attached to it as a bonus: x1.5 and x1.25

Are abilities single typed, or can they receive bonuses from a physical element (melee, ranged, arcane) and an elemental element (fire, ice, light) at the same time? To me, the game seems to imply mono-elements and each type is it's own 'element'. Ark had the implication they were layered, or base types and then further boosted by elemental types.

For example; Chilling Arrows is a Cold ability, but it is also Range (technically). Is it being boosted by Range damage as well? Or is that 1.25 / 1.5 Range modifier doing nothing for a Cold type ability?

My testing leads me to believe that all abilities are mono-typed, and only affected by a single boost (ie. my Light Bullet is NOT getting a bonus from my x1.25 Arcane on my weapon).
Rin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weapon Typing Question

Post by Ark on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 am

Rin wrote:My testing leads me to believe that all abilities are mono-typed, and only affected by a single boost (ie. my Light Bullet is NOT getting a bonus from my x1.25 Arcane on my weapon).
Whereas my testing gave me these results strengthtening my layered types argument:
Equipment: ~50% range dmg ~50% cold dmg
Piercing Arrows: base dmg: 100, measured dmg: 140 (confirms ~50% boost, matching range).
Chilling Arrows: base dmg: 150, measured dmg: 300 (confirms ~100% boost, matching ~50% for each range and cold).
Ark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rc on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Abilities are mono-type. The damage of a cold attack is only affected by your cold damage bonus. The typing is show in the ability window.

Normally, you'd want your main and special attacks to be different types in order to counter monsters that are resistant to your main attack type. To encourage that, weapons give a bonus to 2 different types.
rc
Admin

View user profile http://rainingchain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top